CRISPR Ahead™ Board Game
CRISPR (short for Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats) is the new tool used to edit the genome of any living thing. Changes in genes cause changes in the traits dictated by those genes—e.g., height, specific disease risk, even intellectual abilities. With such amazing power, ease of use, and low cost, no wonder that CRISPR is revolutionizing biology. Indeed, Sci Eyes foresee a CRISPR’d world ahead!
CRISPR Ahead™ Board Game: a cooperative game, now under development
In early play rounds, which take place in present time (2020), players assume roles of CRISPR enterprise stakeholders whose jobs are to promote and deliver specific CRISPR-edited products to users. To succeed, players must solve (CRISPR-related) puzzles, promote their products, overcome obstacles, foil genome hackers, and recover from setbacks. In later rounds, set in year 2100, players think up ‘What if…’ scenarios for missions, then grapple with the consequences of pursuing those missions. See more game features here.
CRISPR Ahead™ Website™
- Blog Posts cover two main areas: leading-edge CRISPR news, with focus on personal relevance; and progress of the CRISPR Ahead™ Game development.
- Blog Subscribers receive exclusive Invites to: provide feedback or opinions on specific topics; enter contests involving creative contributions, answering questionnaires, or enlisting Blog subscribers. Rewards include creative credits, money prizes, and free games. Invitations are mentioned, but not detailed, in Blog Posts. Whereas the Inputs Page welcomes contributions from all persons, participation in Invites requires a Blog subscription.
- Inputs Page receives, posts, and hosts discussions about your questions and ideas pertaining to all aspects of CRISPR uses and the CRISPR Ahead™ Game.
CRISPR Ahead™ Website and Board Game: Mission & Means
- To enhance your relationship with CRISPR and with science more generally.
- To inspire YOU to express YOUR creativity in relation to CRISPR. Hopefully, your use of our materials will bring pleasure and build creative confidence, maybe even assure some of you with non-science talents that science and you have something valuable to offer each other.
- To build a vibrant caring community. To that end, our team carefully considers each contribution and encourages group discussions.
- To reach potential contributors and users—formal & informal educators, students; parents, grandparents, great-grandparents; scientists, health professionals; legal professionals, law makers, politicians; entertainment creators, artists, writers, musicians, dancers, comedians; opinion shapers; the curious public.
♦ ♦ ♦
Master the Simple CRISPR Science
Explore Mind-boggling CRISPR Possibilities
Exercise Your Creativity ♦ Spread CRISPR Smarts
Gain Credit for Contributions to the CRISPR Ahead™ Board Game.
Hello, I’m CRISPR, the Genome Editing
Wizard pictured on the left.
My (red) RNA guide grabs onto the target DNA.
Then my (blue) protein scissors enzyme cuts
the DNA right where I grabbed it.
Sci Eyes can even insert new DNA in my cut.
Presto, I’ve changed genes
and the traits they dictate!
The drone on the right represents me
scouting out my target.
CRISPR Ahead Network
To follow development of CRISPR Ahead™ Board Game, discuss our future CRISPR’d World, and receive special Invites for feedback, opinions, creative contributions, and contests—which reap Rewards—subscribe to the Blog here. Then play the Game when it launches and have fun ‘trying on’ that future World!
Submit your ideas for the Game on the Inputs Page.
Thank you for dropping by!
We hope you’ll return to share our outputs and your inputs.
 Ace game designer Jamey Stegmaier writes extensively about all aspects of board game development at https://stonemaiergames.com/